Chiropractic is the health profession that deals with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of neuro-musculoskeletal disorders and the effects of these on general health. It works on the spine and through manual techniques of adjustments and manipulation it seeks to correct its mechanical problems and thus improve the functioning of the nervous system and the health of the whole organism.
In many countries, the chiropractor is integrated into the public health system and is the first physician consulted. It is estimated that Chiropractic allows a saving of up to 50% of health costs compared to traditionally used treatments.
Chiropractors Improve Your Quality of Life
Chiropractors have a very real concern for our patients’ health and well-being. Our staff wants to see your quality of life improve in noticeable, tangible ways. We are committed to providing excellent chiropractic care to our patients and their loved ones, and to educating the community about the many benefits of chiropractic care.
Find out more about our chiropractic services and how our office works.
Chiropractors Alleviate Pain
Chiropractors can help alleviate a wide range of aches and pains. The body works much like a machine: Certain things have to be working together and in alignment with each other in order for everything else to work properly. If you’ve got a car with a bent driveshaft or a bent frame from a collision, it’s not only going to be miserable to drive, it’s eventually going to cause other problems.
In the same way, your strength, flexibility, and overall health can be compromised by underlying problems with your musculoskeletal system.
Our office offers free consultations so that those interested in preserving the integrity of their frame can check to see if chiropractic care could be beneficial for them.
- You may need chiropractic care if:
- You’ve had an injury from a car accident
- You have a sports or workout-related injury
- You’ve been injured at work
- You experience stiffness in your back or neck
- You have shooting pains or numbness in your legs or arms
- You have an arm or leg that is not as strong as the other arm or leg
Chiropractic Treatment, Benefits and Risks
Chiropractic is one of the most ancient methods of treating various diseases with the help of manual therapy (hand effects), includes work with the spine, joints, and internal organs.
At the heart of chiropractic is the belief that almost all diseases are the result of an incorrect arrangement of bones in the human body, as a result of which there is a disruption of the function of nerves and muscles throughout the body.
Chiropractic is a rather hard and painful way of adjusting problem joints and vertebrae, returned to our everyday life from the Klondike mines. Almost all the gold diggers suffered from back pain, as a medicine from a local doctor was often just a fist.
The system itself was invented in the United States at the turn of the century by Dr. David Daniel Palmer (1845-1913). Palmer was a gifted healer who discovered the value of vertebral therapy. By directing the dorsal vertebrae, he in one case saved the patient from deafness, and in the other, he treated heart disease. He was convinced that the displacement of the vertebrae is the cause of various diseases, and he developed a theory according to which the vertebrae displaced or ” knocked out ” from the correct position infringe on the spinal nerves, blocking the flow of energy through the body.
Chiropractors affect not only the vertebra itself but also its spinous processes, using them as a short lever. This is a distinguishing feature of this method.
Chiropractic basically helps with back pain and neck pain, or with complaints about headaches, migraine, sciatica and sports injuries. This technique is not only very effective in the treatment of pain in the joints, muscles, ligaments, discs, and nerves in various parts of the spine, but also helps to solve problems associated with respiratory organs, for example, affect asthma, reduce the negative manifestations of allergy and relieve pain in the organs digestion.
Visceral chiropractic (in the translation of viscera – the organs of the abdominal cavity, Hiro – hand) or ” belly correction ” is a special technique of therapeutic massage used to treat a variety of diseases of the abdominal organs of a person. That is, this kind of massage practice consists in the influence of hands on the organs of the abdominal cavity and tissue that are inside the human body – this is a kind of manual correction of the internal organs of man.
By visceral chiropractic meant actions associated with the so-called ” abdominal rule “, ” raising the kidneys ” when they are lowered, ” raising the stomach, ” eliminating ” bending the uterus, ” and so on.
This method contains a set of individually selected positions of the doctor’s hands and their impact in a certain sequence and with a certain strength, on the diseased organ, until the moment when the pain passes. The position of the hands and the degree of influence change until the pain symptom disappears, and the diseased organ or part of the body occupies the correct location lost in the course of the painful process.
Thus, conditions are created for proper blood supply and nerve supply to the suffering part of the body, restoration of its functions and normal state of the surrounding muscle-ligament and bone-cartilage apparatus.
Visceral chiropractic cures :
- Diseases of the respiratory tract (chronic bronchitis with asthma component, bronchial asthma, pain in the chest area)
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (colitis, stomach ulcer and duodenal ulcer, hemorrhoids, constipation, digestive disorders)
- Diseases of the liver, gallbladder, pancreas (stones in the liver and gallbladder, cholecystitis, pancreatitis, non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus)
- Diseases of the ear, throat, nose
- Hernias of the white abdominal line, umbilical, inguinal and scrotal
- Renal disorders (pyelonephritis, kidney stones, kidney failure, bladder disease, urinary incontinence)
- Gynecological diseases (menstrual cycle disorders, polycystosis, inflammation of the appendages, ovulation, and bends of the uterus)
- Prostatitis, impotence, diseases of the genital organs, children’s cryptorchidism;
- A migraine, encephalopathy, cerebrovascular accident, Epidendrum, hypertensive syndrome, vascular origin parkinsonism (subcortical hyperkinesis, limb tremor, writing spasm, spasmodic torticollis)
- Osteochondrosis of cervical, thoracic, lumbar spine
- Metabolic disorders (calcaneal and plantar spurs)
- Skin diseases;
- Cardiovascular diseases, rehabilitation of patients after a heart attack;
- Pigmented spots, warts, papillomas.
- Chiropractic in skilled hands is absolutely safe and extremely effective. It is recommended to visit a specialist on a regular basis, not only to treat the disease but also to prevent it.
The development of Chiropractic in England is growing and is changing the way of doing health, since the resolution of the problems of the spine and musculoskeletal disorders from Chiropractic, have been shown to have a positive impact on public health in the world, due to the high effectiveness, safety and scientifically proven efficiency of Chiropractic.